YOUTH Summer Day Camp
Come play with the Aspen Recreation Department! Aspen Recreation Camps are state-licensed programs designed for youth 5-10 years old (5 years old must have previously attended kindergarten) to come have fun with the Recreation Department staff when they don’t have school. Camps will be packed full of fun & educational activities.
youth Summer Day Camp Activities
Click titles to view more info
|Sign Up||Jun 9 - Aug 20||Aspen Elementary School||Youth 5-10|
General General Rate: $48 / day Online Rate: $44 / day
- Julie Kline, Camp Coordinator • (970) 319-4242
2021 Parent Handbook
- 2021 Parent Handbook
2021 Summer Camp Info:
Registration will open April 10th at 10am.
June 9th through August 24th
**Children must have previously attended kindergarten and be enrolled in a school within the Roaring Fork Valley**
WELCOME BACK! We are so excited to be able to share another wonderful summer with you!
Come play with the Aspen Recreation Department during your summer break. Aspen Recreation Camps are state-licensed programs designed for youth 5-10 years old. Children will be place in groups based on the grade they're going into for the 2021/2022 school year. Kindergarten (previously attended-age 5) thru 1st grade; 2nd thru 4th grade. Days will be packed full of fun and educational activities such as swimming, skating, hiking and much more based on the COVID-19 protocol at the time.
Location: All Camps Meet at Aspen Elementary School
Day Camp Ages: Camp welcomes youth in the Aspen Valley between the ages 5-10 years old (previously attended kinder thru 4th grade)
Drop Off: 8am - 9am Pick Up: 4pm - 5pm
Cost: $44 per day-online $48 per day-in person/over the phone
Please take the time to read over the changes to our policies and procedures:
Enrolling Your Child
• Registration will be a per day model.
• Camp hours will be reduced by one hour in order to give our staff the time to thoroughly clean and disinfect. We will provide care from 8:00am-5:00pm
• Please make sure all your emergency information is updated in Epact. If you need assistance, please let us know
Since we will be moving to a weeklong camp vs single day registration, in order to receive a credit parents will need to send a request to Julie Kline by the WEDNESDAY of the week before the scheduled week by 5pm. This is to ensure we are able to get another family into the unused spot. In the case of a child showing signs of illness credit will be given with a Doctors Note. Requests should be e-mailed to Julie.email@example.com. Please keep in mind, canceling in this manner will help us keep your children safe and happy.
Drop-off: Drop off and Pick-Up: ONLY STAFF AND CHILDREN will be allowed in the building.
- Drop-off will occur from 8:00am-9:00am ONLY.
- Parents will drop campers off at the back gate of the ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. The gate is located on Maroon Creek Rd. by the AES playground.
- Upon arrival, parents will call camp phone 970-429-3676, and notify the counselor of their arrival. Please wait with your child in your car until you are greeted by a camp counselor.
- Parents/guardians will electronically sign-in/out their children using their ePACT QR Code. QR Codes can be found by logging in to your ePACT account via epactnetwork.com.
- Once the counselor greets parents and campers, they will do visual inspection of the child for signs of illness, which could include flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue, or extreme fussiness. Parents will be asked if the child has shown any signs of illness or been exposed to those with illness.
- Parents will answer pre-screening questions and enter their child's temperature via ePACT before dropping their child off at camp.
- Persons who have a fever of 100.40 (38.00C) or above or other signs of illness such as excessive cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath will not be admitted to the facility. We are encouraging parents and staff to be on the alert for signs of illness in children that are enrolled and please keep your child home when they are sick.
- Once children and staff have entered the facility, they will perform hand hygiene: Hand washing will be with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- All children MUST be dropped off by 9:00am. This is to help ensure that all safety protocol is adhered to.
Pick-up: Drop off and Pick-Up: ONLY STAFF AND CHILDREN will be allowed in the building.
- Pick-up will occur from 4:00-5:00pm ONLY
- Parents will pick up campers at the back gate of the ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. The gate is located on Maroon Creek Rd. by the AES playground.
- Upon arrival, parents will call camp phone 970-429-3676, please wait in your car until a counselor walks your child out.
- Parents/guardians will electronically sign their children out using their ePACT QR code
- Children MUST be picked up by 5:00pm.
- If you are late in picking up your child, you will be charged a fee of $10.00 cash for every five minutes you are late due at the time you pick up your child.
Daily Requirements || Each child should bring the following EVERYDAY:
- A facemask, which must be worn while at camp. We ask that you send two with your child so if one gets dirty, they have an extra. Please place the extra mask in a Ziplock bag to keep clean with an additional Ziplock bag for mask to be kept in while child is eating. Additional info. can be found here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/mask-guidance
- His/her day pack, which will be placed in a designated laundry basket to keep items contained for each individual child
- A full water bottle with the child’s name printed on it. Drinking fountain will not be used. Touchless water bottle filling will be available.
- Lunch w/ utensils (we cannot heat food) and a minimum of two snacks. **We will not be able to hand out snacks to campers so we recommend packing extra snacks each day.**
- Proper clothing for all types of weather as we will still be going outside throughout the day. (i.e. sun hat, raincoat, light jacket, etc.)
- Sunscreen for self-application. We recommend applying sunscreen before the child arrives at camp, but they may bring their own for reapplication if you wish for them to do so.
- If your child shows signs of illness at any point during the day, we will isolate them from other child, and you will be required to pick up your child within 30 mins of the call.
- If a child or staff become ill with a confirmed case of COVID-19 while in attendance at camp, Camp director will contact Nurse Consultant and Pitkin County Health Department for further instructions and all families will be notified of exposure. The facility will follow the guidance of the Pitkin County Health as to the amount of time we will be required to close and the disinfecting of facility.
- Please DO NOT ALLOW your children to bring personal items such as toys, electronic devices, cell phones & etc. from home to camp. They may get lost or broken & are disruptive.
- Appropriate footwear is a must. HEELYS, CROCS, FLIP FLOPS, AND SANDALS DO NOT WORK! We will be walking, hiking, and playing outside. Please make sure that you have well-fitting comfortable shoes when they come to camp. This is for the safety of your child.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
We are taking every precaution to ensure cleanliness and safety for your child. We will be adhering to the following cleaning and disinfecting procedures:
- Staff will routinely clean, sanitize, and disinfect surfaces and objects that are frequently touched, especially toys and games, tables, and equipment.
- Each night a deep cleaning will take place of the facility.
- Staff will work with children to:
- Cough or sneeze into their sleeved arm or cover their nose and mouth with a tissue. Throw away the tissue after they use it and wash hands
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash their hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, especially after they cough or sneeze; an alcohol-based hand rub can be used if soap and water are not nearby.
- Avoid sharing cups and eating utensils with others
- Handwashing: We will be following all CDC recommend protocol. All children and staff will engage in hand hygiene at the following times:
- Arrival to the facility and after breaks
- Before and after preparing food or drinks
- Before and after eating or handling food
- After using the bathroom
- After playing outdoors
- Before transitioning to a new activity
- Developmental posters describing handwashing steps will be placed near sinks.
- Proper handwashing will be with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If hands are not visibly dirty, alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol can be used if soap and water are not readily available. Children will be closely supervised when they use hand sanitizer to prevent ingestion
Physical Distancing Protocol
Group Size || CDPHE - groups of up to 10-15 children may be supervised by 2 staff.
- We will be keeping each group of children in a separate area from each other.
- Each child will have a laundry basket that they will keep their belongings in.
- Children will stay in the same group together and have the same staff member each day.
- To limit the mixing of children, we will stagger playground/gym times and keeping groups separate for special activities.
- Activities would be spread out throughout facility to create social distancing
All cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance in order to receive credit for another day. In the case of a child showing signs of illness credit will be given with proper notice to Julie. Requests should be e-mailed to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
or by leaving a voicemail on (970) 319-4242. Please keep in mind, cancelling in this manner will help us keep your children safe and happy.
Account credits will also be given in the case of a facility closure due to COVID-19.
Thank you for taking the time to read these important camp rules! We look forward to partnering with you. Please contact Julie if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
General Camp Information:
Youth will participate in a state-licensed program with qualified counselors. City of Aspen Day Camp is a State of Colorado licensed program and follows all State Regulations. For rules and regulations, please visit: www.cdhs.state.co.us
Comments, Concerns or Complaints
Aspen City Day Camp is enrolled in a childcare program that is licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services. The license indicates that the program has met the required standards of the operation of a childcare facility. If you have not done so, please ask to see the license. We want to hear from you if you have questions or concerns about your child’s care. We will make every effort to resolve any issues or concerns you have about the program.
Complaints regarding suspected licensing violations must be reported to:
Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care1575 Sherman StreetDenver, CO 80203-1714p. 303-866-5958
Complaints regarding the actual program should be reported to the Camp Coordinator or the Camp Director:
Thank you for taking the time to read these important camp rules! We want your child to have a fun summer but also a very safe summer!
Please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns! Camp Coordinator: Julie Kline, 970-319-4242Operations Manager: Desiree Whitehead, 970-379-7178