Current & Scheduled Closures
Here's What's New...
Memorial Day Hours at the ARC
The ARC will be open on Memorial Day (Monday, May 31) from 9am - 6pm!
ATTENTION: There will be NO CLASSES at ARC or RED BRICK Sunday May 28th & Monday May 29th.
Enjoy your holiday!
Specialty Summer Camps
Chess Wizards Summer Camp: Ages K - 8th Grade
When: June 12 - 16 or July 17 - 21: Monday - Friday: 9am - 3pm
Program Fee: $275
Where: Birthday Room at the Aspen Recreation Center
Join us this summer for tons of challenging chess lessons, exciting games, and cool prizes. You'll improve your chess skills, meet new friends, and work out your most powerful muscle - your brain! Our camps include fun team chess games (like bughouse), recess time (of course), snacks, tournaments, and puzzles. Each camper receives a Chess Wizards t-shirt, trophy, and puzzle folder. Unleash your brain power and spend some of your break time with Chess Wizards!
LEGO Camps: Cost: $129
Elementary Engineering: June 19 - 23: 9am-12pm at the Red Brick, Ages: 4th - 8th Grade
Collision Cars Using LEGO's: June 19th - 23: 1-4pm at the Red Brick, Ages: 4th - 8th Grade
Junior Engineering 1: June 26 - 30: 9am-12pm at the Red Brick, Ages: K - 3rd Grade
Junior Vehicle Engineering: June 26 - 30: 1-4pm at the Red Brick, Ages: K - 3rd Grade
OPENING DAY SOFTBALL
Join us for Grand Opening of the NEW Iselin Field design.
Opening Day June 5th, 5:15pm at Iselin Field(next to the ARC)
Come check out the new state of the art Grand Slam Safety Fence. The ONLY one of it's kind in the state of Colorado. There are no hard surfaces to run into while playing baseball/softball.
Come see the ribbon cutting ceremony, first pitch and national anthem.
Pickle Ball is back
City of Aspen Pickleball Courts
The City of Aspen has constructed four pickleball courts, which are located at Iselin Tennis Courts by the Aspen Recreation Center.
• Free to the public on a first-come, first serve basis
• Rental Paddles and Balls are available for $5 at the Aspen Recreation Center
Roaring Fork Pickleball Association:
• Indoor and Outdoor, year-round play available at Crown Mountain, Carbondale and Glenwood Springs
• Information is available on facebook: facebook.com/pickleballassociation/info
• Tournament: June 25, 2016 @ 7:45am – Crown Mountain
Roaring Fork Drop-in play:
• Aspen – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30am-11:30am
• Crown Mountain – Tuesdays at 6:30pm
• Carbondale – Saturday 8am-12pm; Monday 9am-12pm; and Wednesdays 5:30pm-dark
National Pickleball Association: (Optional)
• $30 Annual Membership Dues
• Includes access to information on tournaments, drop-in times at local and nationwide courts and a Pickleball T-Shirt.
Please contact the Aspen Golf and Tennis Club at 970-429-2869 or Aspenrecreation.com for additional information.