The Staff of the Aspen Recreation Department has been working hard on developing a reopening plan for the Recreation Centers that follows best practice COVID-19 safety measures and protocols. Our already high standards of cleanliness have been raised to new levels to keep the community and our staff safe. That said, we are excited to announce a soft reopening on October 5th of the Aspen Recreation Center and the Red Brick Recreation Center. The select activities offered will require advanced registration; no drop-ins will be allowed. This will allow us to clean all areas in between reservations.
- All memberships that were paused on March 13th will be reactivated on October 5th. For example, if you had 3 months left on your membership on March 13th, your pass will be extended to January 5th, 2021.
- COVID-19 punch passes are valid until 12/31/2020.
- 20-Punch Passes are available for purchase starting on 10/5. Currently annual and 6-month passes are not available for purchase.
- No daily admissions available at this time.
WHAT’S OPENING ON OCTOBER 5th?
Red Brick Recreation Center:
- Indoor fitness classes - Max of 10 people per class
- Climbing Wall - 4 reservations per time slot
- Youth Climbing classes (registration closes on Oct. 5th)
- Changing rooms
NOTE: All activities at this facility require reservations. Showers and Lockers are not available at this time.
Aspen Recreation Center:
- Cardio Room: Max of 8 people per hour – limited to one workout per day. You can only use the piece of equipment you reserved
- Weightlifting stations: Max of 4 people per hour. Reserve an assigned station.
- Lap Pool sessions: Lap swimmers have use of the hot tub during scheduled lap swim time ONLY (Max of 5 in the hot tub), Lap pool - max of 6 people per hour with reservation
- Changing Areas: Family Changing rooms, Locker room
- Adult drop-in hockey will continue this fall
NOTE: Sauna, Steam Room, and Lockers are not available at this time. Showers are only available to swimmers currently.
- Family Pool
- Swim Lessons
- Public Skating
- Come dressed for your workout
- Reservations required – you must make a reservation for each area that you want to use, please check www.aspenrecreation.com.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our facilities!
As always please see our website, www.AspenRecreation.com for the most up to date information and to reserve fitness areas / classes you would like to participate in.
Cory Vander VeenRecreation Director
Aspen Recreation Departmentwww.aspenrecreation.com