Welcome to Aspen! Aspen may be known for it's skiing, but it's the abundant opportunities for recreation, arts and culture that truly make this small town something special. Here at the Aspen Parks & Recreation Department we have something for everyone! Swimming, Climbing, Events, Parks, and more. So c'mon and visit with the Aspen Parks & Recreation Department for the day. Day Passes & Memberships
Other Things To Do While You're In Aspen:
- See the Maroon Bells. The Maroon Bells are two peaks in the Elk Mountains about 12 miles southwest of Aspen.
- The view of the Maroon Bells to the southwest from the Maroon Creek valley is one of the most famous scenes in Colorado, and is reputed to be the “most-photographed spot in Colorado” and one of Colorado’s premier scenic overlooks.
- Saturday Farmer's Market in Downtown Aspen. This open air market offers tons of Colorado made, grown and produced items. The market runs from June 16 through October 13, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays. After Labor Day, it will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Take a walk on the Rio Grande Trail
- Gondola ride to the top of Aspen Mountain to view the sights in the summer and ski in the winter!
- Hike to Weller Lake or enjoy The Grottos up Independence Pass; drive another 20 minutes to see the Continental Divide
- Stroll downtown. Lots of pretty sights and sounds - the best place to people watch!
For those of you coming from a lower elevation than 8,000ft please be weary of the high altitude. We recommend packing a water bottle and drinking water all day! The sun is also very intense so if you're frolicking outdoors remember your sunscreen.
||Aspen Chamber Resort Association is your one stop for everything Aspen. Entertainment, Dining, Nightlife, Calendar of Events, and more!
Stay Aspen Snowmass is the official reservation center and most updated resource for Aspen and Snowmass Village, Colorado!
Stay Aspen Snowmass is the specialist for creating discount Snowmass and Aspen ski vacation packages and custom summer vacation packages for the Resort lodging rental properties and Aspen Skiing Company.